7 Reasons to be Mad About Honey
- Bees produce honey as food for themselves for winter. Honey isn’t made for human consumption.
- Bee keepers replace honey with a sugar substitute that is detrimental to bees health.
- Bee keepers breed bees to produce more honey, this narrows their gene pool and makes them more susceptible to disease.
- Honey bee numbers are reducing the number of natural pollinators.
- Bees are forced to produce excess amounts of honey, in the same way that cows are forced to produce excess milk.
- Beekeepers will rip out the wings of the queen bee, making it impossible for them to leave the hive.
- Queen bees are forcefully artificially inseminated.